If you’re considering a new floor, consider hardwood flooring. There are many hardwood floors companies that can help with the installation process. The truth is hardwood floors have been the trend for a long time now, and if you are considering using them in your home too, then there are a few things you should know. These are some of the advantages or benefits that accrue to you from using hardwood floors.
Benefits of Hardwood Floors
- Maintenance: Basically, the only cleaning you need to do is dusting and mopping. The qualities of these floors together with the finishing make it impervious to dirt and stains.
- Uniqueness: Wood possess a natural pattern, color, and shade that is specific to each, thus making it very hard to find perfectly identical pairs of hardwood. This leaves you open to an infinite number of choices to make.
- Sturdiness: It is hardwood after all, and this creates an extra layer of guarantee that it can take on heavy furniture and the normal mishaps that characterizes everyday activities.
- Beauty: As an “excerpt” from nature, hardwood does embody the quintessential beauty of Mother Nature itself. The color of these hardwoods can be altered through certain means should you feel like changing the look. The beauty of hardwoods has helped to convince many a home buyer that the home they are buying is excellent for them no matter the price.
Caring for Hardwood Floors.
Now that you know what you stand to gain from these floors, it is best you also know how to care for them. Here are a few tips and guidelines to help you take the best care of these prized possessions:
- First, you should know your floors. This is the basis on which other care is administered. Ask questions and contact the manufacturing company to know the sort of finish that is used on your floor and how best to take care of them.
- When it comes to cleaning, be sure to pay close attention to the instructions found within the manufacturer’s instruction manual.
- Use soft brooms to sweep the floor and avoid using a brush with hard bristles on the floor as this would leave scratches. Optimally, you could make use of a vacuum that has a bare floor attachment.
- Spills should be taken care of immediately with the use of dry clothes in wiping the floor.
- Oil soaps and wet rags should never be used in cleaning hardwood floors as it can be counterproductive. It might end up causing more harm to the floors rather than prevent them.
- If possible do not wear shoes onto the hardwood floors. This reduces the possibility of having dirt and dust accumulate on the floors.
- Don’t drag furniture across the hardwood floor to avoid scratches. If you must, however, spend money on a set of slip-mats so that you can give your hardwood floors a chance to maintain it stellar look for a long time.
- Use only cleaners that you are sure wouldn’t have any negative effect on the type of finishing that your hardwood possesses. You might want to contact the manufacturing company and get advice on what cleaner is best for your floors.
If you follow these steps carefully outlined above, you would be doing yourself and your floors a great service. With the right type of care, these floors could last a lifetime; you just have to figure out what’s best for them.